Wondershare MobileTrans is a program that comes in handy if you want to easily transfer the data from your old smartphone to a new mobile phone. The application works with multiple iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and Symbian devices, allows you to transfer various types of files, and offers you a simple way to back up your smartphone data to your Mac.
This utility might also prove to be of good use if you need to immediately erase the contents of your mobile phone. You can use this feature if you want to sell your old smartphone and delete all of your personal data from the media device before handing it to its new owner.
In my testing, I used an iPhone 7 and backed up its data to my Mac. The app took a while to scan the contents of the Apple gadget, but it immediately transferred the selected data to my Mac. Another thing that bothered me was that the app lacked options to pause and resume the scanning process. Plus, the only way to stop the scanning process is by going back to the main window of the application.
Other disadvantages include the inability to choose individual files for backup or to change the destination folder for the backed up data.
Still, compared to other smartphone managers for Mac, this program is quite cheap and proves to be of good use when it comes to transferring files between smartphones. So, it's worth buying it if the aforementioned flaws don't matter to you.
- Works with various iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, and Symbian devices
- Helps you erase the contents of your smartphone
- Restored lost smartphone data
- Fast data transferring speed
- Unable to choose individual files for backup
- It might take a while to scan the contents of your media device
- Lacks an option to pause and resume the scanning process
- Lacks an option to change destination folder for the backed up data