SnipEdges is a drag-and-drop snippet manager. It keeps frequently used bits of text and images readily available.
Uses include: your signature, letterhead, commonly used phrases,...Snippets also work as file / folder templates. Create "empty" documents by dragging a file snippet to the Finder. Create folder hierarchies by dragging a folder snippet to the Finder.
Snippets stick to the edges of your screen. Create a snippet by dragging text, images,... to the left or right edges of you main screen. Use a snippet by dragging it to its target destination.
- Is easy: drag-and-drop some text, an image, a file,... anything to the border of your main screen. SnipEdges will hold on to it in a snippet stuck to the edge of the screen.
- To use a snippet, grab it and drag it to where you need it.
- File snippets are special. Each time you drag one to the Finder, the referenced original file will be duplicated. SnipEdges thus allows you create new documents from templates. Right within the Finder. Such templates can be ready-made letters, invoices,...
- This also works for folder structures. You may want to set up a specific folder structure for each of your clients, projects,... E.g. a subfolder for invoices, one for letters, one for meeting notes,... Just create the folder structure once and add it to SnipEdges. Now you can create a new instance of the the folder structure by just dragging the snippet to the Finder.
- Caveat: Snippet only store references to files and folders. The original files must not be moved or deleted. Otherwise the snippet goes stale.