Old versionsSee all
CHM files are frequently used for application documentations and feature a table of contents, an index, and text searching option. Unfortunately, Mac OS X doesn't bring you a default viewer for this type of format. For this reason, RootRise Technologies developed the "Read CHM" program.
After you select the input document, the app displays a table of contents on the left side of its main window. From there, you can choose the chapter or page you wish to read and make word searches if necessary.
The program also provides you with options to export the input files to PDFs and print the CHM documents.
Only two things bother me about this utility: the fact that you need to make an in-app purchase to have access to all its features, and it might take a while to export CHM files to PDFs. As for the rest, the app works flawlessly.
As a conclusion, Read CHM is a simple yet efficient program that comes in handy to any Mac user who needs to read the contents of CHM files. The application provides you with a straightforward interface, lets you print CHM files directly from its interface, and comes with a powerful search tool.
- Straightforward interface
- Lets you export CHM files as PDFs
- Allows you to copy text to Clipboard
- You can print CHM files directly from the app's interface
- Brings an integrated search tool
- It might take a while to export CHM files to PDFs
- You need to make an in-app purchase in order to have access to all features