MonoDevelop is an integrated development environment (IDE), therefore it ensures computer programmers the appropriate facilities for developing software. The purpose of this program is to be used in writing desktop and ASP.NET Web applications.
This IDE offers support for multiple programming languages, respectively C# (C Sharp), C/C++, Visual Basic.NET and Vala. It also supports multiple platforms: Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. Certain features are aimed at making the coding activity easier to follow through. For example, semantic highlighting is now enabled for C Sharp too and a code formatter and a code completion engine are also in place for offering support to coders. Some useful tools are aimed at source control, unit testing, adding database connection or creating databases, packaging and deployment. The user interface offers five views to work with: the default one, the solution, debug, visual design and unit testing views.
MonoDevelop is a complex piece of software for professionals in the field of programming that can support them in creating various applications, which could then also be ported to a different operating system than the one they were originally created for.
- Offers support for multiple programming languages, respectively C# (C Sharp), C/C++, Visual Basic.NET and Vala
- Supports multiple platforms: Linux, Windows and Mac OSX
- Semantic highlighting, appropriate code formatting and a code completion engine are now included for C# also
- Changes that occur in files in the background are detected and their version control status is refreshed
- Option to port applications from one platform to another
- Requires programming knowledge
- It is suited only professional programmers