Enjoy your own music with Melobase, a creativity tool for recording, listening to, editing and organizing your own musical sequences.
Melobase is a client-server solution featuring a database, a sequencer for recording and playing back music sequences, a metronome with tap tempo capabilities, an editor and an embedded studio offering 128 General MIDI instruments and a drum set, an input from an external MIDI keyboard, two synthesizers and a mixer with level and balance control. Melobase also provides the ability to save your sequences on your computer as standard MIDI files or audio files.
The desktop version of Melobase includes an embedded server providing the ability to synchronize your sequences with the mobile version of Melobase. It is therefore possible to have the desktop version dedicated for studio recording and editing sessions, and the mobile version for listening to, organizing and exporting your sequences.
When your device is connected to an external MIDI keyboard, Melobase offers the ability to split your keyboard at a given split point, and also to transpose each channel independently.
Melobase provides four features for organizing your sequences: a hierarchy of folders, a filter based on the newness or rating values, a promotion or demotion of all unplayed sequences and the ability to set as played all the sequences.
- 16 channels;
- 128 General MIDI instruments and a drum set;
- Metronome with dual tap buttons with the option of using the MIDI keyboard for providing the desired numerator of the key signature and the tempo;
- Automatic recording: recording starts when the metronome tempo has been learned, and stops after four seconds of inactivity;
- External MIDI keyboard and MIDI output support;
- Split keyboard capability with configurable split position when your computer is connected to an external keyboard;
- Transposition per channel when your computer is connected to an external keyboard;
- Sample-based polyphonic synthesizers with multi-sampling and voice stealing capabilities;
- Sustain pedal support;
- Reverb and chorus effects;
- Pitch bend and modulation effects;
- Mixer function with level and balance control for each channel.
Sequencer and Organizer
- Support for single and multiple tracks and conversion between the formats;
- Support for dynamic tempo and time signature changes;
- Browser with folders, names, ratings, date and time;
- Rating scheme (0 to 5 stars);
- Promotion and demotion of all played sequences;
- Filter based on newness or rating thresholds;
- Piano roll with measure indicators allowing navigation in the sequence;
- Edition of the sequence by changing properties, moving, resizing or deleting notes and other MIDI events;
- List of events with edition support;
- Quantization of notes based on current zoom level;
- MIDI file import;
- Audio (AIFF format) and MIDI file export;
- Optional metronome sound during playback.