LiSa X 1.2
LiSa © (Live Sampling) is a real-time audio manipulation environment that runs on any Macintosh computer running OS X 10.2 or higher. It is the continued development of LiSa v2.5 for OS 8.x-9.x. This new version uses the build in CoreAudio and CoreMidi drivers for high performance audio and midi i/o. This combination turns the Mac into a versatile audio sampling machine, able to generate up to 128 voices. Complete program control is possible via Midi, thus allowing the user to work with this system in a performance environment.
The system contains one big stereo Sample Buffer (size depending on amount of memory assigned to LiSa), and the user defines so called 'Zones' which have access to some part of the sample buffer. A library of Zones can be created (more than two thousand) and each Zone can have five different functions:
- Playing back the sample buffer's data (start and length as defined by the Zone) in various ways.
- Recording audio data into the sample buffer (start and length as defined by the Zone) in various ways.
- Reading a sample file from disk into the sample buffer (start and length as defined by the Zone).
- Copying data from the 'Output' or 'Process' buffer back to the sample buffer.
- Reading saved recording data into the sample buffer (start and length as defined by the Zone).
- Midi Processors
- Midi Snapshots
- more playback filters
- improved user interface
- enhanced modulator power