Haken Continuum 4.2
Continuum is a musical instrument that allows unprecedented realtime performance control. With a greater pitch range than a traditional 88 note Midi keyboard, the Continuum offers realtime continuous control in three dimensions for every finger that is placed on the playing surface.
Included internally is a custom designed synthesizer, specifically programmed to take advantage of the subtle and dramatic expressive musical possibilities of the Continuum.
- Three dimensional polyphonic playing surface.
- Internal sound generator specifically designed to take advantage of the expressive possibilities of the Continuum with up to 32 voice polyphony.
- Highly optimized 16 voice Midi data output.
- Pitch resolution allows for seamless polyphonic glissandi and the ability to microtune intervals on the fly.
- Ultra-fast performance response regardless of polyphony.
- Configurable via surface interaction, external computer editor, or Midi input.
- Advanced communication to DSP hardware from Symbolic Sound Corporation.
- Internal pitch processing allows for optionally rounding finger positions to equal temperament, just, and user definable scales. This rounding is intelligent, accurately preserving vibrato and glissandi effects.
- Pitch processing allows for scalable and non-linear pitch mappings of the Continuum surface.
- Innovative dual pedal support, including "dynamic" sustain and sostenuto, allowing for continuous depth control of sustained notes.
- Mono modes which allow the user to use multiple fingers to step, retrigger, or glide between note ranges.
- Adjustable pitchbend range tailors the Continuum's response to your Midi sound device.
- Pressure and front-to-back can be configured for any Midi continuous controller message.
- Direct integration with the Continuum Voltage Converter (CVC) for control of analog synthesizers. Each of the CVC's 16 control voltages has a user programmable formula.
- Configurable Midi split for playing surface zone setups.