AbAlarm is a simple application that works both as an alarm clock and as a countdown timer. The program will help you never miss important events and track the time between the present moment and a future time coordinate that you've set.
Without complicated menus and complex settings to configure, the utility installs as a small icon always present in the upper bar of your Mac, so that you can enable the tool with ease each time you need it. Once you launch the application, an embedded clock informs you about the current time of the day. Knowing the precise date and time, you can easily configure your alarms and countdowns, which can be renamed and saved for later use. What is great about this program is that you can choose the audio track you prefer to let you know when the set time has elapsed. Therefore, you can either select a sound profile provided by the application or pick an audio file from your personal collection.
With a straightforward approach, using this program is simple and easy. Setting the alarms or the countdowns requires you to follow similar easy steps. Unfortunately, you can relate only to the temporal coordinates of the current day, since the utility doesn't provide you with the ability to select a specific day of the week or a date of the month in the future to set your alarms and countdowns.
- Works both as an alarm clock and as a countdown timer
- Ability to configure multiple alarms and countdowns
- Can rename the alarms and countdowns to reuse them on other occasions
- Allows you to select a sound alarm from your personal audio file collection
- Free tool
- Stopped countdowns cannot be resumed
- Can relate only to the temporal coordinates of the current day
- The start time of the countdown is always the moment of enabling the countdown