A port of The Ur-Quan Masters, using SDL, targetted for Linux, all BSD, Windows, MacOS X, and other SDL-supported platforms. The project started in August 2002, when Toys For Bob released the partially ported sources of Star Control 2 3DO version to the fan community. The goal is to port this wonderful game to current personal computers and operating systems. It is and will remain 100% free of charge.
- some missing bits of content added, including two new lander reports directly from Toys for Bob
- support for Windows CE, and experimental support for Symbian S60
- many bug fixes, including some that have been long anticipated
- various small improvements and polishing
- lots of internal cleanups and restructuring, making the game more customisable and modable, and making the code a bit friendlier