NetRestore... Whether you're deploying five, five thousand, or 32,000 systems, NetRestore is the software deployment solution for you. Built on Apple's Apple Software Restore technology, NetRestore can be used to quickly and accurately restore a master disk image to a computer's hard disk while that disk image is hosted locally, on a network via AFP, or on the Internet via HTTP. NetRestore can also be used in conjunction with NetBoot to fully automate the deployment of a lab full of machines. NetRestore was designed to be very easy to use yet flexible, powerful, and extensible.
NetRestore features the following:
- Restores a disk image to a hard drive via block-level or file-level copying
- Despite its name, NetRestore clones local hard drives and restores disk images located locally or across a network.
- Pre and post-restore customization tools to set computer specific information such as the open firmware password, computer name, network settings, etc.
- Full automation
- Easy configuration
- Customizable interface and tools
- Includes a helper tool for easily creating master disk images and NetInstall-Restore image sets (for use with a NetBoot server)
- Open source and FREE
Coupled with Carbon Copy Cloner, lab deployment has never been easier.