Old versionsSee all
Kid3 is an application that proves to be very useful when it comes to creating play-lists with your multimedia files. Moreover, you are offered the opportunity to provide tags to each song that you add to a certain play-list.
Tags can be managed for audio files that are saved in different formats, such as: MP3, OGG/Vorbis, FLAC, MPC, MP2, MP4/AAC, Speex, TrueAudio, WavPack, WAV, WMA, AIFF. Additionally, ID3v1.1 tags can be edited as well as ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 frames. Some of the tags listed for each song are: title, artist, album, comment, genre. After the tags are edited, filenames can be changed automatically by selecting the desired format, which is indeed helpful for having your song collection in good order. When creating play-lists, they can be saved with the M3U, PLS and XSPF extensions. Imports can be made from sources of album data such as MusicBrainz, Amazon and others, therefore less time will be spent researching data that describes a song.
In conclusion, if you want to easily manage you multimedia files and you need an application to allow you to tag your songs and create play-lists, then you should give Kid3 a try.
- Tags can be easily copied in bulk from one song to another
- Filenames can be generated in a format of choice, given the existent tags, and tags can be generated from filenames also
- Data imports can be made from music encyclopedias, saving you research time
- The source code is available
- Not so appealing interface; it could be more organized
- It would be useful if the program included a comprehensive help manual