All versionsSee all
✔ FreeSpace is the No. 1 full-featured free space monitor and 1-click ejector! No other similar freeware can compare!
** Note to All OSX 10.7 and 10.8 users **
On OSX 10.7 and 10.8, local snapshot is switched on by default by Apple. Which means some space would have been taken and hidden as local backup. The Finder displays the available space without accounting for the local snapshots but FreeSpace displays the true available space according for it. See Apple's knowledge base:
"… You may notice a difference in available space statistics between Disk Utility, Finder, and Get Info inspectors. This is expected and can be safely ignored. The Finder displays the available space on the disk without accounting for the local snapshots, because local snapshots will surrender their disk space if needed... "
★★★★ MacWorld Favorite Mac Gems 2012
"FreeSpace’s systemwide menu shows all mounted volumes along with the available free space on each; if you want to monitor a particular volume, you can choose to have that volume’s free space displayed right in the menu bar."
"FreeSpace is one of the best free space monitors available out there. It's fast, reliable, low on resource consumption (during the testing process it constantly occupied 10 MB of RAM) and stable (it never crashed)."
"FreeSpace is a tiny menubar utility that can show you how much space is available on all local, connected, and network drives with a single click."
"I do recommend it. This is a cool little app that is very useful, easy to use, and it’s only US$0.99. What’s not to love."
"A very useful and simple application that once you start to use, you can never do without."
"FreeSpace works in conjunction with Time Machine and notifies you with a blinking hard drive icon once backup is complete."
"There’s a lot to love about this little gem. It’s awesome to be able to manage your drives so easily right from the menu bar."
✔ FreeSpace is the most full-featured free space monitor! It leads over the other similar freeware!
- Beautiful menu showing free spaces of all local, external, network drives, and disk images in categories
- Eject all by 1-click. Eject single partition by option-click.
- Highlight drive with low free space
- Mount and Eject notification
✔ Works best with Time Machine backup!
- Pin the Time Machine drive on the menu bar
- After the backup is finished, FreeSpace will notify you the eject by notification
- FreeSpace remembers the Time Machine drive and will re-pin it next time.
✔ Auto-launch every time when computer starts up
- After downloading FreeSpace from the AppStore, go to the Application folder
- Double-click FreeSpace to launch the first time
- Select "Launch at Login" from the Preference menu. FreeSpace will auto-launch itself every time when the computer starts up
✔ Rich features leading over the other similar freeware!
- Eject all connected drives and disk images by 1-click or ⌘E
- Eject the whole drive by clicking the eject button
- Eject single partition by option-clicking the the eject button
- Eject all drives in the same category by 1-click
- Open the drive in Finder by clicking the name
- Drives are grouped and displayed in logical categories
- Highlight drive with low free space when under certain percentage
- Any drive can be pinned on the menu bar. If the drive is disconnected, FreeSpace remembers and will re-pin it once it is reconnected
- Custom number format on the menu bar
- Sort partitions by ascending or descending name or free space
- Retina display support
- Ultra-low CPU and memory consumption
- Ultra-fast auto-launch when computer starts up
✔ Language Support
- English, 日本語, 正體中文, 簡體中文
✔ Mac Requirement
- OSX 10.6.8 or above