All versionsSee all
Folx is a download manager designed for Mac. With its help, you can immediately download files from the web to your local directories. The application comes as an alternative to using the downloader that's comes with your default web browser for fetching data from the web.
You need to restart your default web browser before using this program on your Mac. This way, you will activate the download URL catching option (automatically import URLs for download tasks).
The utility supports batch processing, allows you to split the downloaded files into as many threads as you like, and automatically add tags to your download items. What's more, it's capable of downloading torrent files as well.
However, the application is quite limited. You need to upgrade it to its Pro version in order to get rid of all limitations (ability to schedule download tasks, adjust download or upload speed, search torrent files, etc.). The Pro edition of the utility comes with a reasonable price and it's definitely worth buying it if you plan on using it on a daily basis. Otherwise, you can continue using the standard edition of the app.
- Localized in multiple languages
- Automatically organizes your download items
- Lets you split files into as many threads as you need
- Provides you with a status bar menu for quicker access
- Pro version provides you with more features
- You need to restart your web browser to activate the URL catching option