Old versionsSee all
Essentials app can easily become your favorite and irreplaceable shortcuts pad. Just press hotkey (default is Ctrl + space, but you can customize it in preferences) and Essentials will appear where ever your mouse cursor is (or not, if you choose so in preferences).
You can use it to:
- quickly launch applications
- access assorted folders, documents and files of any kind
- act as clipboard or "dropbox" for your e-mail messages and text clippings
- make YOUR OWN simple Terminal commands/scripts (that can act as droplets too! :)...now which app can do that! :D) Customize it!
- resize groups by holding Command key (⌘) and scroll up or down (or pinch it on trackpad)
- resize items icons (⌘+scroll) and their titles (⌘+⌥+scroll)
- hope this feature makes you say "sweet!"
- group your favorite items in any way you like
- reorder groups and items by holding Command key and dragging groups/items to desired position
- mark items AND groups with colors from pop-up menu
- you can finally make your dock look fancy by not overloading it with so many icons Essentials is simply essential because:
- you can keep your favorite/frequently used items really accessible and nearby
- it has smooth and intuitive UI
- it is responsive and fast
- it can easily blend like it is part of the OS X