yType is a new productivity tool that runs in the background to amplify your typing ability. Type a few characters (which we call a shortcut) to paste a much larger block of text (called an expansion) like your name, a url, picture or even several pages of formatted text instantly anywhere on your Mac in any application. yType instantly makes any Mac user more productive.
The yType app and manual is localized for English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, and Russian.
Do you get tired typing the same url, address or response letter all the time? Save hours of time, typing hundreds of characters and the strain on your hands, eyes and brain of doing the same thing over and over. This is what computers are for. Use yType and type a few letters and a space to pop into any document a word, a sentence, a page, 20 pages or even more instantly. Use yType to 'do less and accomplish more'.
Another way that yType can save time is in typing symbols and other difficult to find unicode characters. Make up your own unique shortcut names like vcheckmark to expand to the symbol " or vheart for ♥, vcent for ¢, veuro for €, vblackknight for ♞, vyinyang for ☯, vumbrella for ☂, vc for ©, vr for ®, vtm for ™, etc... yType makes all symbols much easier to use.
Do you have Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia? That is the fear of long words. yType is the cure for this dreaded disease which afflicts children like the Hawaiian boy whose name is Kananinoheaokuuhomeopuukaimanaalohilo. yType would allow him to type just 'ka' and a space or return to expand his whole name instantly saving him thousands of hours he might otherwise spend during his lifetime just typing his own name.
- works in the background and accelerates anyones typing.
- create a shortcut (a few letters) which when typed will enter large blocks of text or pictures and formatted text in any mac application.
- copy and paste or drag in the blocks of text, pictures or formatted text.
- use variables to insert the month, day, year, time, cursor, timezone.
- embed one variable/shortcut within another.
- search thru all shortcut/expansion pairs.
- select text and hit hotkeys to open yType and create a shortcut.
- localized and manuals available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, and Russian. Please help us add your language.
- YType is free to download and try and never stops working.