Old versionsSee all
WLANController is a cloud service and WiFi scan results are collected by small app running on your computer and viewed via are remote manager application at manage.wlancontroller.com (sign up required).
** If you are looking for a simple standalone WiFi Scanner please try our other app called "WiFi Scanner". **
WLANController is a "cloud" 802.11 wireless scanner that can be remotely managed. The client can detect access points and clients in ad-hoc mode if the SSID is being broadcasted. It can be used for wireless site surveys, wireless discovery, and wifi security. The tool reports signal strength in dBm and shows access point BSSID/MAC addresses.
WLANController can also be used a security tool for detecting unauthorized and rogue access points. The visualization features integrate with 2D mapping tools providing an estimated location of the access point detected by sensors.
The solution has features suitable for individuals and organizations looking for an alternative to traditional hardware based WLAN and WIDS / wireless LAN security solutions.
The web based interface has the following tabs:
- Dashboard: graphical view of device status
- News: updates on server, client software, and features
- Active Devices: status of active wifi access points, wifi scanners, and wired scanners
- Available Devices: status of inactive devices available for activation
- Access Point: config settings (SSID, Key) of soft access points
- Scanner: wifi scanner results
- Help: link to documentation
- Account: manage subscription, change profile key, social media integration
- Topology: organize tree structure of devices and place on map
- Configuration: manage email alerts, manage class types, manage default access point settings for newly added devices