This small utility app can convert between various values and number bases that programmers commonly need:
- signed long long (8 bytes, decimal)
- unsigned long long (8 bytes, hexadecimal, decimal, octal, binary)
- signed long (4 bytes, decimal)
- unsigned long (4 bytes, decimal)
- signed/unsigned short (decimal)
- signed/unsigned byte (decimal)
- MacRoman/ISO Latin 1/UTF-8 characters (1 through 8)
- bit field (up to eight bytes as checkboxes)
The values can be viewed as big-endian and little-endian interpretation of the underlying bytes, and can be bitshifted by one bit at a time or several at once (see the Preferences).
This build has now been updated to also run on 10.5, not just on 10.6.