Generate layered Photoshop PSDs from web pages captured by the application processing the content and assigning a layer to every element including divs, tables, images, etc. Organizing and navigating created layouts is possible. Exporting the page to a PNG file is available.
Softmatic WebLayers captures an entire web page and exports it as a layered Photoshop PSD. Each element gets its own layer: divs, tables, images etc. The created PSDs are grouped (e.g. an entire div or table) for easy navigation. Exporting a full web page to a PNG is also available.
Very useful to analyze websites, to play with different layouts or color schemes, or to discuss design issues with customers or coworkers. This app is a must-have for every web designer or developer.
Here's how it works in a nutshell:
• Enter a URL in the address bar and hit Go.
• The page is loaded and a snapshot is created.
• The DOM of the page is displayed in the left pane, the snapshot in the right pane.
• Simply click Save... to export to a PSD or PNG.
• If you dont need the whole page, simply click the elements you want in the DOM or directly in the snapshot. That's a super easy way to create a single PSD from all the images on a web page by the way. Simply cmd-click all the images in the snapshot, hit Save..., off you go.
WebLayers creates grouped or flat PSDs and PNGs. In grouped PSDs each container gets its own group, with child elements on layers beneath it. Layers get useful names for easy navigation: By type (e.g. div), by CSS ID, (e.g. div#header), by CSS style (e.g. div.headline).
WebLayers works with normal and retina resolutions.
System requirements: Mac OS X 10.7.3 "Lion" or higher.
WebLayers has been tested extensively and will handle even extremely complex pages with thousands of elements. Please use the Send Feedback... command in the Help menu if you find a problem.