ScreenFlow is a screen recording utility that might come in handy if you need to record tutorials, game walkthroughs or Skype conferences. The application comes with easy-to-configure output settings, provides you with multiple video editing options, and immediately exports your recordings.
You can record the activity from your entire screen or just an area from your desktop, capture audio content, and apply mouse cursor effects if necessary. Once the recording is complete, you can watermark it, remove unneeded segments, etc.
In addition, it allows you to publish your recording to various video sharing websites, directly from its interface.
Sadly, the application comes with several bad aspects. For starters, it allows you to export your recordings to a minimum amount of output formats (MP4, MOV, AIFF, M4V, and GIF). Another disadvantage is that you need to download and install an additional driver in order to record computer audio.
Last but not least, you can find cheaper solutions for recording your screen activity on your Mac. There are plenty of Mac programs that support more output formats, provide you with identical recording options, are cheaper than ScreenFlow.
Hence, I'd say you should try a different application for recording your desktop activity.
- Provides you with multiple video and audio recording settings
- Offers you quality output files
- Gives you access to various editing options
- You can publish your clips to various video sharing websites
- Supports a limited amount of output formats
- You can find cheaper alternatives
- You need to download and install an additional driver in order to record computer audio