Old versionsSee all
Capo is a Mac utility designed to help you learn how to play your favorite songs. It provides you with a wide range of playback settings, immediately analyzes the imported files and reveals the correspondent chords, and allows you to isolate vocals or mute music.
You can import songs of various formats and use the integrated audio player to listen their vocals and background music. The program is capable of isolating vocals if you want to practice your singing with the imported audio file. You can also mute the music if you want to use your guitar or piano to play the song.
Another important advantage is the fact that you can slow down or speed up playback without affecting the pitch. Not many programs of its kind are capable of completing this step.
Still, the utility brings you several flaws. It supports a limited amount of output formats when it comes to exporting the offered chords (MID) or the songs (MPEG-4 Audio, AIFF, and WAV). Also, nothing happens when you click the "Share" button from the app's interface.
However, this program is one of the best song analyzers I tested on my Mac. It's feature-rich and very efficient.
- Brings you a complete help manual
- Can load and analyze various types of audio files
- Provides you with multiple playback settings
- Lets you export the chords
- Supports only one format when exporting chords (MID)
- Supports only 3 formats when exporting songs (MPEG-4 Audio, AIFF, and WAV)
- Nothing happens when you click the Share button from the app's interface