BrowseAloud is a computer program that reads aloud all website content including PDF and MS Word documents.
As you move the cursor over words, they are spoken aloud.
Website owners pay a yearly charge to Browsealoud enable their site.
- Over 7 million people with literacy problems
- Over 1 million people with learning difficulties (source: The Cabinet Office)
- An estimated 6% of the population with severe dyslexia (source: Dyslexia Institute 2003)
- 8.6 million registered disabled people (14% of the population) (source: Disability Rights Commission)
- Two million UK residents with a sight problem (4% of the population) (source: RNIB)
- 12 million people aged 60 or over, who may have developed sight issues (21% of the UK population) (source: National Statistics)
Listen to written text content on your Mac computer.
Сonvert e-books between Palm Doc and text formats.
It can convert a doc/docx document to text format.
Speak text with customizable voices using Apple's Text-To-Speech.
Taps into text-to-speech technology to help you zip through PDFs.