arp-scan uses the standard GNU automake and autoconf tools, so the typical installation process is:
- Run git clone https://github.com/royhills/arp-scan.git to obtain the project source code
- Run cd arp-scan to enter source directory
- Run autoreconf --install to generate a viable ./configure file
- Run ./configure to generate a makefile for your system
- Run make to build the project
- Optionally run make check to verify that everything works as expected
- Run make install to install (you'll need root or sudo for this part).
arp-scan is a command-line tool for system discovery and fingerprinting. You will need GNU automake and autoconf, the make utility, an ANSI C compiler (for example gcc or clang), the development header files and libraries, and libpcap version 0.9 or later.