Ulysses is the premier text editor for creative writers. Used by bloggers, poets, students and published novelists all over the world, it offers an integrated environment to brainstorm, draft, revise and even submit text on a professional level.
Based around the concept of non-linear, semantic text editing, Ulysses provides a truly distraction-free and fully focused experience, without sacrificing any advanced features.
It's got everything you expect from a modern text editor - and then some:
- Tabbed, single-window interface
- Semantic text editing
- True separation of presentation and content
- Console mode (aka Fullscreen)
- Extensible export (PDF, DOC, RTF, TXT)
- Project-wide, term-centric search & replace
- Multiple document and project notes
- Counters for characters, words & pages
- Configurable metadata (Status, Label, Dates)
- Integrated backup
- Filters, groups and document collections
- Coherent document previews
- Text trash
- Typewriter scrolling
- Bookmarks and style-jumpers
- Project templates
- English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Hungarian and Czech localizations
For more information, such as screencasts and an introduction to semantic text editing, please visit http://www.ulyssesapp.com and join the creative writing revolution.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a bug where export would no longer work after using the app for some time.
- Now correctly opens projects that are dropped on Ulysses' dock icon.
- Tweaked the ePub exporter to better comply with specs.