v6.0 [3 Jul 2019]
The toolbars for fractal windows, browser and formula editors can now be customized on Windows. Right-click a toolbar to select which buttons and other items should be shown. There are more actions available than before such as undo, redo, copy, paste, and the toolbar can now also be displayed in Small Icons mode so it becomes similar to the toolbar in Ultra Fractal 5. On Mac, the toolbar was already customizable, but the new actions are available here as well.
Fixed a problem that caused multithreading to work inefficiently in arbitrary precision mode with formulas that use classes/plug-ins.
Fixed a bug in the formula compiler that could cause some formulas that use the round/trunc/ceil/floor functions to produce a different image than in Ultra Fractal 5.
Fixed a bug that caused exported images in TIFF format to be unreadable in some programs.
v5.5 [28 Mar 2012]
- Added Cmd+Shift+S keyboard shortcut for File > Save As.
- Fixed graphics problems (e.g. the fractal window would not redraw) on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Fixed crash when returning from Full Screen mode.
- Fixed bug that caused the Red and Blue merge modes to be swapped in the fractal window (but they worked correctly when rendering to disk).
- Fixed crash when dragging files from the Finder over the browser in Ultra Fractal.
- Fixed bug that caused the explore/eyedropper buttons to never appear: now they will now be displayed correctly below the active input box.
- Changed the default gamma value that is saved when exporting or rendering to file formats that support this (e.g. PNG) to 2.2, the default value since OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). This ensures that if you re-import a rendered image, the colors will stay the same.
Note: This is no longer an actively developed application.
Create distinctive vector artwork for any project.
Numerically-intensive parallel graphics application.
Magical coloring book that allows young artists to paint.
FractalTrees X draws silhouettes of fractal designed trees.