Dashlane is an efficient password manager that helps you keep track of account credentials, software license keys, digital copies of your receipts, and many others. The application provides you with a wide range of useful features, has an appealing user interface, and allows you to organize the stored data into categories.
After you launch the application on your Mac for the first time, it will offer you to install an extension in your default web browser. This extra tool will provide you with an easy and quick way to log in to your personal accounts and save new credentials to the Dashlane records.
Other advantages include the ability to share and export the stored info, access to an efficient search tool, and option to write and save private notes.
Only two things bother me about using this application: you need to pay to be able to sync stored data among multiple devices and the app supports only 2 output formats for exporting the stored item info (CSV or DASH).
Still, Dashlane is one of the best password managers I tested on my Mac. It worked 100%, offered me many useful features, and allowed me store and organize various types of private details.
- Lets you store various types of details.
- Allows you to share stored data with other people.
- Automatically types you passwords
- Supports only 2 output formats for exporting the stored item info (CSV or DASH).
- You need to upgrade the app to its Premium version to be able to sync stored data