VirusBarrier Plus protects Mac users from viruses, Trojan horses and other types of malware that affect Macs. VirusBarrier Plus also detects Windows malware, so Mac users don't pass on infected files to their Windows-using friends and colleagues. VirusBarrier Plus is the best-selling antivirus and anti-malware tool based on the award-winning technology of Intego's VirusBarrier X6.
VirusBarrier Plus includes the following features:
- Finds and repairs Mac OS X malware
- Finds and repairs Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents
- Finds and eradicates Windows executables
- Finds and eradicates PDF malware
- Finds and eradicates Flash malware
- Finds and eradicates keyloggers and hacker tools
- Finds and eradicates Linux malware
- Scans zip archives
- Users can run Quick Scans or Full Scans
- Scans can be scheduled
- Users can specify trusted files and folders
- A command-line scanner lets users scan more files
- A contextual menu lets users scan individual files or folders on demand
- Regular updates of malware definitions
- No impact on performance
- Easy to use
Up-to-date malware definitions for VirusBarrier Plus are available at least twice a week.
VirusBarrier Plus lets users run manual scans of any file, folder or volume on their Mac for which they have rights, and offers scheduled scans that can be run on any item. Users can also repair any infected files for which they have rights, and a command-line tool, available as part of VirusBarrier Plus, allows administrative users to scan and repair all files on their Mac.