Old versionsSee all
Strobe Tuner is a 12-note chromatic scale strobe tuner application that utilizes sound input devices such as built-in microphone, line in, and iSight. You can use Strobe Tuner to tune your guitar, bass, and other musical instruments.
Strobe tuners are extremely accurate compare to regular tuners with a needle or LEDs. The slightest difference between the actual pitch and the ideal pitch accumulates over time and appears as a movement on the strobe tuning meter.
- Tuning: 12-note chromatic scale.
- Temperaments: Equal, Kellner, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Pythagorean, Vallotti, Werckmeister III, Young II, etc.
- Meter: strobe, cent, and hertz.
- Range: A0 (27.5Hz) - C8 (4186.0Hz).
- Accuracy: ±1 cent wit the cent readout. ±0.1 cent @ 440Hz with the strobe tuning meter.
- Calibration: 349.0 - 499.9Hz (0.1Hz steps).
- Transpose: ±11 semitones
- Resizable main window on Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Open the Strobe Tuner application, choose an audio input device from the audio input device popup button, and adjust the input volume slider for the best result to tune your musical instrument.