UNIX power tools conveniently packaged as Automator actions.
Shellac will take your Tiger Automator workflows to the next level!
Frustrated by obscure command-line syntax? Tired of juggling man pages and commands in separate Terminal windows? Want more capable, more flexible Automator actions? Shellac is your friendly neighborhood UNIX guru.
- Run powerful UNIX tools within Mac OS X Automator workflows: cat, cut, grep, head, paste, sort, tail, uniq, wc and more!
- Use familiar Aqua controls to tweak each and every setting of the tool.
- Read plain-language descriptions straight from the Automator interface.
- Can’t figure out a setting? Tooltips to the rescue…
- Search for tools by UNIX name.
- Accept either text or files/folders as input.
- No extra install needed — comes as a self-contained application.
- Copy freely between different machines, just re-activate actions on the new machine.