This software is freeware and may be freely used by anyone. This program was written completely in the Java programming language and will run on any operating system with a Java Runtime Environment installed . Retriever allows you to download large files, such as games, software applications, music or video, easier and with more control than from your web browser, with it you can resume interrupted downloads at any time that's convenient or even schedule downloads to occur when you're away from your computer. Even if one server is too busy to accomodate you Retriever will automatically switch to another to continue your download.
- Resumable FTP and HTTP downloads.
- Support for BitTorrent transfers.
- Support for Metalinks with full and partial hash verification, multi file support and display of metalink file information.
- FTP and HTTP server authentication.
- Support for HTTP referer, cookies and POST data.
- supports HTTP, FTP and SOCKS proxies with authentication.
- Ability to add file download mirrors.
- Ability to segment downloads so only a portion of the file will be downloaded. In the case of multi file torrents individual files can be selected for download.
- Scheduled downloading.
- Pausable downloading.
- Execute external application on download start and/or completion.
- Segmented downloading from multiple servers.
- User customizable icons. See Retriever's help documentation for details.
- Simultaneous download of a single file from multiple sources.
- Prioritized downloads which will take precedence over all others.
- Pre-allocation of storage for large files.