Repair Disk Utility's Permissions 3.0Free
One of the more ironic permissions issues in OS X Jaguar is when the permissions of the Disk Utility application itself become corrupted. This can prevent you from being able to use Disk Utility's "Repair Permissions" tab to repair the permissions on your disk, including those of the Disk Utility application itself. Repair Disk Utility's Permissions can fix this corruption which would result in the following type of "Operation not permitted" errors reported in the Repair Permissions' progress window:
- User differs on ./Applications, should be 0, owner is 501
- Group differs on ./Applications, should be 80, group is 99
- Owner and group not corrected on ./Applications, reason Operation not permitted
- Permissions not corrected on ./Applications, reason Operation not permitted
- Rewritten as a Cocoa (AppleScript Studio) application with a cleaner interface.
- Added a workaround for an AppleScript bug that could prevent a user whose password is blank from successfully executing the "do shell script" repair procedure.