All versionsSee all
PhotoScissors is an image editor that enables you to remove the background from a still picture. The program gives you access to a user-friendly interface, features multiple editing settings which are very simple to configure, and allows you to compare the original images with the resulting photos.
The YouTube channel of the developer is filled with plenty of useful tutorials. Also, you can find plenty of useful instructions on the homepage of the developer. In short, all you need to do is to import your picture and use the green marker to indicate the area you wish to preserve and the red marker to select the part you wish to remove. As soon as you make an alteration to the output settings, the preview screen automatically updates.
Sadly, the utility comes with several disadvantages. For starters, it supports a limited amount of input formats and you cannot export any data if you work with the trial version of the tool.
Furthermore, it occasionally runs slow, especially when importing images for editing. Another aspect you need to consider is that you can find cheaper image editing tools. However, they're not as intuitive PhotoScissors.
- Gives you access to easy-to-configure settings
- Automatically updates the preview screen as soon as you modify the output settings
- You can compare the original picture with the resulting photo
- Occasionally runs slow
- You can find cheaper solutions
- Unable to export results if you're using the trial version of the tool
- Supports a small amount of image formats