PHD Guiding is designed to be "Push Here Dummy" simple, yet provide powerful, intelligent auto-guiding of your telescope for both PCs and Macs. Connect your mount, your camera, select a star, and start guiding. That's it!
- Windows and OS X (Universal)
- Simple, clean interface designed for ease of use.
- Arbitrary camera orientation, pixel size, scope focal length, etc. measured during automatic calibration process.
- Guides through ASCOM's PulseGuide commands for lag-free, accurate commands on a wide range of mounts (Windows)
- Guides through ShoeString Astronomy's GPUSB (Windows & OS X) and GPINT (Windows) ST-4 style adapters for lag-free, accurate commands on a wide range of mounts
- Guides through Pierro Astro's USB Guiding interface to support a wide range of mounts
- Guides through Astro Gene's GCUSB ST4 interface to support a wide range of mounts (Windows:ASCOM and OS X)
- Guides through mounts connected to Equinox 6 (OS X)
- Guides through camera's onboard output port if present
- Stacking shorter subframes on the fly to extend effective exposure duration on short-exposure cameras
- Guiding in RA and Dec
- Intelligent automatic unidirectional and manual unidirectional Dec guiding modes
- Automatic sizing and stretching of guide image for display purposes.
- Image noise reduction with or without dark frames
- Real-time plotting of performance