Old versionsSee all
Music daemon is a music playing server supporting multiple formats through plugins and multiple playlists. It has a simple protocol for control and communication for frontends. Musicd supports plugins to enable playing of different audioformats. The plugin-api is quite similiar to one that the popular XMMS uses. Currently XMMS-plugins are not directly supported.
- Musicd has it's own simple text-based protocol for player-frontend communication.
- Support for unlimited number of playlists, songs per playlist and frontends connect at the same time
- Support for both IPv4 and IPv6. Also UNIX-sockets are supported for local connections.
- Currently supported audioformats: mp3 (ffmpeg), ogg vorbis (vorbisfile) and mods (libmikmod).
- Support for OSS and Solaris ouput.
- Musicd has been tested on x86 Linux and Solaris 9.