Mozilla is an open-source Web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. What's New
Version 1.2.1 adds the following:
- Type Ahead Find is a new feature that allows quick navigation whenyou type a succession of characters in the browser, matching the text inone or more links on the page. To give it a spin just go to a Web page, start typing, watch the typed characters highlight as they find a matchin a link and hit enter to load the selected link. You can also use itto search for any text on the page by typing / before your search text.Read the fullType AheadFind documentation to learn about all of its features, prefs andfuture plans.
- Linux users should upgrade to the latest Flash 6 Beta. This new version fixes severalproblems including crashing with remote displays and hangs when the audio device is in use at the time Flash starts up. Mozilla 1.3 Alpha maynot support Flash 5 or earlier so update now.(Bug 58339,58937)
- Building on Mozilla's customizability, you can now show toolbars as text/icons/both (in the default Classic theme). We also have a few other usability improvements like image selection visualization (image highlights with system selection color when selected) and the removal of the confusing toolbar grippies.
- Improvements to native look and feel in both the browser interface and the browser content area. We now support most native GTK themes in Mozilla which means that your Mozilla toolbars and other widgets will pick up the GTK theme look and feel. We also support native look and feel for Web content like form controls under windowsXP.
- Making tabbed browsing even more useful, you can launch the browser with a group of bookmarks as your start page. This loads several pages into tabs at startup.
- Keyboard access is greatly improved including additional accesskeys for menus, other ui elements and page elements.
- We have a new features that utilizes browser idle time to download or prefetch documents that the user might visit in the near future. A web page author provides a set of prefetching hints, using the w3c standard <link> tag, and after the browser is finished loading that page, it begins silently prefetching specified documents and stores them in its cache. When the user visits one of the prefetched documents, it can be served up quickly out of the browser's cache. (See theLink Prefetching FAQ).
- Java compatability with Mac OS 10.2 (Jaguar) has been repaired.
- XML prettyprinting, similar to IEs default-view for XML is now available in Mozilla.Mail
- Mozilla Mail has a new "filter after the fact" capability so users can create a filter and then run that filter on already downloaded mail. Filter logging has also been implemented which allows power users to see a log of all of the filter actions.
- In mail you can now select and copy text from message headers and you can now drag and drop from the message search results window.
- On Windows you can now add multiple attachments to a mail message via the Attach File dialog.
- Palm sync for Mozilla addressbook on MS Windows has been implemented.(installation instructions)
- Major improvements to Mac OS X IMAP mail header download performance. Preliminary tests show about 2000% improvement.Other
- For distributors of Mozilla-based products (but not enabled in Mozilla yet because many linux installations don't yet support it) XFT support has been implemented, bringing the latest in Linux font anti-aliasing to Mozilla. Build with --enable-xft on a system with the xft libs to use this feature.
- The Mozilla Technology and Standards Evangelism Team worked with many of ecommerce and other high-traffic sites to increase support for the standards and standards based browsers like Mozilla. Version 1.2.1 adds the following:
- Type Ahead Find is a new feature that allows quick navigation whenyou type a succession of characters in the browser, matching the text inone or more links on the page. To give it a spin just go to a Web page, start typing, watch the typed characters highlight as they find a matchin a link and hit enter to load the selected link. You can also use itto more... Requirements
PPC, Mac OS 8.6 or later