Illuminando 2 is a native Cocoa OSX 3D CAD specialized to perform lighting calculations, using interactive tools that allow to obtain a simple and effective input, and the power of OpenGL to render the scene.
Works with European or American standards
It is our top application, and include all the functionalities of Illuminando, Lighting Source Manager, Lighting Bulb Manager, Area Lighting Calc, Room Lighting Calc and Street Lighting Calc.
Various internal tools are available to create the scene to perform the necessary calculations: Illuminando 2 has a 3D CAD interface that can generate parametric objects (vaults, quadrics, domes, cubes, spheres, cones, etc..) in order to simplify the design procedures, and also can import from DXF 3D files.
Applying the "sources", the scene will be complete for the following calculation.
After calculation the result are presented in a complete RTF report.
Illuminando 2 has some user customizable internal databases containing:
• geographic/territorial information of some cities
• lighting bulb catalogue;
• lighting sources catalogues and linked multi-currency prices files
• electrical wires catalogue and linked multi-currency prices files
• special pieces catalogue and linked multi-currency prices files
The working window projects objects within a three-dimensional space that displays the axial reference system and a plane of virtual modeling. The rationalization and intuitiveness of the available commands allow the acquisition of the graphics tools provided by the Application, minimizing the learning curve. Moreover, UNDO and REDO command allow the possibility of control and security in the work developing.
Powerful LAYER and VIEW management, intelligent PASTING options, RESHAPE, MOVE, ROTATE, MIRROR, SCALE, OFFSET, rectangular and polar ARRAY, EXPLODE, JOIN, DIVIDE, EXTRUDE commands, online HELP: these are some of the possibilities offered by Illuminando 2.
The light sources, calculated as volumetric sources, are managed entirely by the Application, which allows you to import, display, edit and format IESNA LM-63 (ASCII text files normally used by manufacturers of lighting fixtures-Americans), EULUMDAT (formed by European standards) and even drawings DXF (the Application converts drawings photometry!) data files; photometric solids are summarized in 36 azimithal C-curves and 180 zenithal gamma-angles, while the color of the lamps is given by the color temperature or real color. Powerful polyline-sources can simulate strip led.
Illuminando 2 can export to RTF a complete list, formatted by the user, of the installed products and special items, full of economic computing and electrical power.
Illuminando 2 provides users with powerful tools:
• pre-project and optimization for rectangular, L or cutted-corner rooms, with the CIE method, to calculate the correct number of sources to achieve a certain value of illuminance on the working surface;
• optimization for roads through variable parameters (pole distance, pole height, tilt,...);
• pre-project and fast area build tool with layout choice (perimetral poles, faced poles, corner light masts,...);
• Works in metric or imperial units
• Uses OpenGL for rendering
The objects of the scene to calculate, are divided into finite elements which assess the amount of direct illumination due to natural sources (sun and sky) and/or artificial.
The outputs of numerical type can be plotted on the surfaces projected on the plane and shown in iso-value curves:
• Illuminaments horizzontal, vertical X+, Y+, X-, Y-, semi-cylindric and in main-camera direction;
• Daylight coefficient;
• Contrast factor (C.R.F.);
• Glare indexes (TI, U.G.R. in 8 directions and G.R.).
The displayed curves can be represented in color overlaying the view, print directly, pasted to the clipboard or saved in one of the allowed export formats (DXF, PDF, JPG, PNG).
Optimized for OSX 10.14 (Mojave).
PDF User Guide available also at www.Brotens.com.