Hordes of Orcs 2 is an epic strategy/defense game in which you build walls and lethal towers to defend your village from evil Orc hordes emerging from, what the village elders call, "The Glowing Portal of Really Bad Things That We Should Have Bricked-Up a Long Time Ago." Sadly, The Portal is *still* un-bricked and the Orcs are now extremely hungry. If too many Orcs or any of their new subhuman field runners make it into your village-you're plant food.
New features in Hordes of Orcs 2 top the original-which has been played more than 2 million times:
- A redesigned user interface updated for medieval modern warfare!
- Shiny new Railgun Towers for erasing Orcs and terminating the Undead!
- New, evil Undead, zombie-like enemies... They aren't alive because they're-oh, never mind.
- Better, faster, stronger performance and graphics yet little to no (to maybe a lot of) buyer's remorse compared to disappointing blockbuster sequels!Hordes Vs. Towers
To kill the Orcs and other baddies, build some towers:
- Arrow Towers are cheap, pointy, and rain down a hail of death.
- Railgun Towers are expensive, but it's just so fun to watch orcs fall down like dominos.
- Ice Towers are cool, slowing enemy movement substantially.
- Lightning Towers are electric, producing a continuous current of PAIN!
- Fire Towers are great if you like great balls of fire and/or barbequed Orc.
- Radiation Towers are bad for the environment, but good against attackers who aren't wearing lead underwear.Each type of Tower has unique abilities, and each Tower can be upgraded to be more efficient death dealers. Click on a Tower to see its stats and upgrade cost. Should you build lots of Arrow Towers? Or a few Fire Towers? Well, that's where the strategy comes in!
Each time you kill an Orc you'll get some cash to build or upgrade towers... (like piñatas, Orcs are full of candy and money, as everybody knows).Remember, certain Orcs are resistant to certain attacks so a combination of different towers is your best bet. Clicking on an Orc will show you its health and special properties.
Use The Magic
Hordes of Orcs 2 wouldn't be very medieval without spells that have been enhanced for the sequel to look even more magical!
- Teleport selected Orcs back to the Portal they came from (after which they immediately reemerge, much to everyone's dismay).
- Use Fog to slow all of the Orcs down for a short while, giving your towers more time to knock the candy out of them.
- Conjure Bait, an irresistible Orcish gift-basket of shiitake mushrooms, moose dung, and the blood of innocents. They'll forget your village, head right for it, and then resume their assault on your village.
- Weaken selected Orcs to make them more vulnerable to towers-like picking at a protective scab. Gross!You can only cast a Spell if you have enough Mana. So keep an eye on your Mana power, and use it wisely!
Orcish Warfare Options
Hordes of Orcs 2 features six unique game variations, so once you've mastered Open Warfare, you can try to stop the Orcs from making off with your treasure in Capture the Flag or stick to the path in Maze Defense.
Also, don't forget to click the "Zoom" button if you've built all your towers and you're just sitting back and watching the carnage. Better yet, use Zoom plus QuickTime Player X to capture your heroic battles, and upload them to name brand video sharing sites!
Fake Disclaimer:No Orcs were harmed in real life while making this game.