HDD Fan Control 2.2
All versionsSee all
If you have replaced your iMac’s Hard Drive with a new HDD or a SSD and the fan has started running at full speed creating a lot of noise, HDD Fan Control will control the fan speed in relation to the drives temperature, preventing the loud noise whilst keeping your drive safe from overheating a failure.
iMac HDD Fan Control does not require Apple’s temperature sensor or cable to obtain the drives temperature as it uses the S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) protocol built into all drives, this means you no longer need the temperature sensor or cable for the fan to operate correctly.
Simply download, install, and enjoy the peace and quiet of your iMac again.
- Controls the Hard Drive Fan Speed Directly.
- Sets fan speed in relation to Hard Drives Temperature.
- Obtains Hard Drives Temperature using the S.M.A.R.T Interface so no need for the missing Apple temperature sensor, or cable.
- Runs at startup, so will work even when user is not logged in.
- Has fail safe feature to allow fan to go to full speed should it not be able to obtain temperature readings to protect the drive.
- Can be used with all SSD’s.
- Can be used with SSD’s and Hard Drives that do not provide temperature values by using the iMac’s internal temperature.
- Preference Pane allows user to set desired temp/speed relationship for their specific drive and or requirements.
- Small footprint, uses very little resources and is conservative with S.M.A.R.T interface use.