All versionsSee all
Folx is a program designed for Mac that comes as an alternative to using the download manager which is integrated into your default web browser for fetching online data. The application is very intuitive, provides you with many useful characteristics, and comes without a price.
This utility might prove to be of good use if you need to immediately download a large file from the web. Folx splits the fetched files into multiple threads which make the download process a lot quicker. You can choose the preferred download options from the window that's being displayed after you click the "+" button.
In my testing, the program worked perfectly, except for a couple of things. For starters, the application comes with various limitations. The only way to get rid of them is by upgrading Folx to its Pro edition. Furthermore, you need to restart your browser to enable the links catching feature and it might take a while for the search tool to offer you the results you need.
Still, Folx is a better choice for fetching online data than many download managers I tested on my Mac, especially if you upgrade it to its Pro edition. You get access to a wide range of useful features which help you immediately download online data to your Mac.
- Supports batch processing
- Automatically sorts the downloaded files based on file type
- Comes with a search tool
- Helps you download data from various torrent sites
- You need to restart your browser to enable the links catching feature
- The Pro edition provides you with more features
- It might take a while for the search tool to offer you the results you need