v2.7 [8 Dec 2020]
- Fission is now compatible with the newest Macs, the M1 Mac Mini, M1 MacBook Pro, and M1 MacBook Air.
- Fission now respects the user-specified system-wide “Accent” color on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) and up. It also supports Big Sur's new “Multicolor” option, with an appropriate, app-specific gold.
- Fission now shows sample rates in Hz, rather than kHz, for consistency across all Rogue Amoeba apps.
v2.3 [13 Feb 2016]
- MP3 Chapters: Fission now supports saving chapter marks in MP3 files, as well as editing existing chapterized MP3s. MP3 chapters are handy for podcasters in particular.
- Faster MP3 Encoding: MP3 encoding has been sped up, and is now 3x faster.
- Damage Visualization: When Fission loads a damaged file, it will now visually display bad packets in the waveform.
- The display of bitrates for AIFF and WAV files has been improved.
- This update fixes a bug where partial M4A files, created when a recording issue occurred in Audio Hijack, failed to load.
- An issue where certain lesser-used types of AAC files would not load properly has been corrected.
- An audible glitch that could occasionally be heard at the end of playback of some audio files has been corrected.
- A rare bug where Fission might crash with certain types of AIFF or WAV files has been fixed.
- The software update mechanism (powered by Sparkle) now runs securely over HTTPS.
- Other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
v2.2 [21 Nov 2013]
- An incompatibility with ALAC files generated by non-Apple applications like doubleTwist's "AirPlay Recorder" has been addressed.
- Fission's Start Window is now prevented from showing if Fission was launched by opening a file.
- Several other minor fixes and improvements have been made.
v2.1 [2 Nov 2012]
* The name of the game is bug fixes. Version 2.1.3 removes almost two dozen incidences of stupidity, dumbness, and boneheadedness.
* The Batch Converter has been updated to properly handle all Windows Media files, as well as ALAC-encoded CAF files, and more.
* Several additional VoiceOver improvements have been made, with labels on previously unlabeled controls. We're always working to improve this.
* Clip tabs now always show the clip name.
* A crash which could occur when inserting silence has been fixed.
* There's much more - it's all minor, but it's all very nice to have fixed as well.
Convert your videos to a wide variety of media formats.
This program helps you convert media files to various audio formats.
It splits video files into smaller pieces and joins scenes into a new file.
Record and edit audio files.
This app helps you convert multimedia files to various formats.