Express Scribe is a free audio transcription software for typists using Mac OS X. This transcription player features variable speed playback, foot pedal control, speech to text engine integration and can automatically load audio files from email, FTP or network. Audio format support includes wav, mp3, aif and many more. You can also dock traditional hand held recorders and transfer the audio as well and importing audio from CD.
Express Scribe Transciption Software Features:
* Ability to play compressed wav, aiff, mp3 and dct file formats
* Variable speed (constant pitch) playback
* Foot pedal control support
* Ability to Dock portable recorders to load recordings
* Uses systemwide HotKeys so you can control playback when using other software
* Automatically receives and loads files by FTP, email or over computer network
* Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work
* Express Scribe is free
A professional version of Express Scribe that also supports video file playback and additional audio formats including dss and ds2 is also available from NCH Software.