v1.9 [Oct 22, 2020]
Updated the user interface for macOS 11 Big Sur:
Redesigned the application, document, and mailbox icons.
EagleFiler uses the new inline title bar style on macOS 11, and information about the current source and search results is now shown in the subtitle.
The toolbar defaults to icon-only mode and supports the new large icon style. The toolbar icons have been updated. EagleFiler uses the new system share button and the new search field, which automatically expands and collapses.
The source list icons have been updated.
EagleFiler now colors the source list icon of a folder or mailbox to indicate its label.
The source list now uses the system text and icon sizing, which can be configured in the General pane of System Preferences. The EagleFiler-specific font and icon preferences for the source list have been retired.
The source list now indicates folder and mailbox labels with a colored circle.
The records list now shows labels using colored circles in File column instead of coloring the background of the whole row. This is consistent with Finder and works better on macOS 11 Big Sur.
The capture key now works with Apple Mail on macOS 11.
Arrow-keying through the records list is faster.
Improved importing of Web pages from Discourse forums, Stack Overflow, Twitter, and various Web sites that have pop-ups.
When importing a message from Apple Mail that has a missing attachment, EagleFiler now adds the missing_attachments tag to the mailbox and mentions the missing file in the mailbox's note, so that you can still find this information after closing the Errors window.
Improved the manual.
Improved AppleScript support.
EagleFiler is better able to display and merge malformed ".eml" files.
Worked around an issue with Safari 14 that prevents apps from receiving Web archive text or rich text when using the system service.
Improved importing from Airmail, iCloud Drive, and Evernote.
v1.5 [Nov 24, 2010]
* The contextual menu **Set Filename/From/Title** commands are better at handling linebreaks.
* It is now possible to move records to the trash by pressing Delete when multiple tags are selected in the source list.
* The text fields in the smart folder editor make better use of the available window width.
* Improved the "Importing Mail From Outlook" section of the manual.
* Added the "Importing Mail From MailMate" section of the manual.
* Improved the "What information should I include when I report a problem?" section of the manual.
* Documented the TextInspectorBarStayOpen and UseOpenMetaRecentsForCompletion esoteric preferences.
* Added the **Check for News...** command to the **EagleFiler** menu of the Mac App Store version.
* Worked around a WebKit bug that could cause freezes when highlighting matching search terms.
* Worked around a bug in Apple Mail that could lead to importing two copies of certain messages.
* Worked around a problem where broken Mac OS X installations couldn't report full error information.
* Fixed a bug that could cause uncommitted changes in the tags bar to be lost.
* Fixed a bug that could cause an error when the Quick Look window was open.
* Fixed a bug where an incorrect error message could be displayed when capturing from Apple Mail.
* Reduced the memory use of the Spotlight importer.
* Improved the reporting of file permissions errors.
* Worked around an OS bug that could cause a crash in Curio.
* Worked around bugs in Mac OS X 10.7.4 that could cause smart folders and PDFs to not display properly.
Extracts email addresses from documents and some other sources.
View detailed information about your audio files.
Intelligent music tagger designed to make the task of managing, organizing, and cleaning up your digital music collection quick and easy.
Creates a backup and allows easy retrieval of your email.
Desktop note-taking application for Mac OS X.