dockutil is a command line utility for managing Mac OS X dock items. It is currently written in Python and makes use of plistlib module included in Mac OS X.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.x thru 10.9.x.
- Add, List, Move, Find, Remove Dock Items
- Supports Applications, Folders, Stacks, URLs.
- Can act on a specific dock plist or every dock plist in a folder of home directories
What's new in this version:
- Remove restart of cfprefsd in favor of using defaults
- Bumped to version 2 because some backend changes may break compatibility with older OS versions