Old versionsSee all
Clipping Detector is a simple tool that checks your media files for audio clipping.
* Report the clipping status of the current playing track from iTunes when the iTunes media library is at the default location, in particular, in Music/iTunes.
* Check selected media files for audio clipping, as easy as drag and drop.
* It only works on DRM free media.
* It only checks media for clipping and report the number of clips to you, so you can be aware of the issue.
* It does not fix the clipping problem.
* It only works on files, you can drag multiple files onto the icon at once.
* It does not work on iTunes library meta file or media folders.
* More info about clipping, dynamic range compression and the loudness war: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war