In the back to the Mac spirit, CheckTracker is the first OSX version of the iOS app that was written for the iPad. With that in mind, the introduction is the same for both platforms.
CheckTracker is a simple digital version of a check book. Transactions are presented on the screen the same way they are in a check book register. This is not an online bill payment application and therefore doesn’t have access to any bank data via the internet. It replaces most of the paper in your drawers and on your desks. With this app you can make keep track of your money by tracking transactions like you normally do with your checkbook. CheckTracker offers the following advantages:
- help save the trees
- make clean transaction register entries without messy corrections
- correct transaction dates
- familiar layout
- so simple to use an 8 year old (who keeps a register) can use without help
- offers password protection to prevent unauthorized access
- a small memory foot print and fast
- doesn’t require a network access to use it but can import QIF files generated by other financial apps.