Develop a design for a fractal art presentation. Automatically generate an image according to the set specifications for the number and type of fractal elements. Edit the templates or create new files from scratch, then save them in the designated folder.
Chaotica is a next-generation fractal art creation environment, designed for both novices and experienced professionals.
Novice users can enjoy editing the included examples and randomly generated fractals to easily produce gorgeous, customised desktop wallpapers, perfect for HD displays.
Professional users can produce stunningly detailed print renders effortlessly thanks to the modern, high-powered rendering engine.
The free version has a resolution limit of 1.23 megapixels (e.g. 1280x960), while Chaotica HD can generate high definition wallpapers up to 4 megapixels (e.g. 2560x1600) and Chaotica Studio has no limits whatsoever!
● Easily generate an enormous variety of stunning random fractals.
● Powerful built-in editor for ultimate control and artistic expression.
● Apophysis / Flam3 compatibility - Turbocharge your existing flames!
● Unrivaled image quality - Gorgeous images out of the box!
● Modern rendering engine - No special hardware required, leaves other renderers in the dust.
● Real-time imaging controls - Tweak your render to perfection without losing time.
What is fractal art?
Fractal art is a digital art medium with a very rich creative space.
Though it's based on mathematics, Chaotica's user interface abstracts much of it away to provide an expressive artistic process.
Since its invention in 1981, Iterated Function System (IFS) fractals have been popularised by software such as Flam3 and Apophysis.
Chaotica extends the creative possibilities of these programs in a powerful, production-oriented environment.