Old versionsSee all
App Cleaner enables you to uninstall unwanted programs from your Mac, without leaving any traces behind. This utility comes as an alternative to removing tools from your computer by sending them to Trash.
The program is packed with a straightforward interface, supports batch processing, and features an efficient search tool. In addition, you have access to various data sorting options to help you immediately find the utility, extension or leftover file you want to completely remove from your computer.
You can use the utility 3 types of data: programs, extensions, and "remains" (files left behind after removing a program from your Mac incorrectly). It might take a while to load the 3 lists. Be patient, it's worth the wait.
In my testing, I removed a leftover file and a document associated with an installed utility. The program immediately completed the given tasks and informed me how much disk space I reclaimed by using its capabilities. However, I wasn't able to completely uninstall any programs as I was using the trial edition of the utility.
Overall, App Cleaner seems to be a great solution for removing programs from your Mac. It's easy-to-use, offers you many advantages, and comes with a fair price.
- Lets you choose between various sorting options
- Supports batch processing
- Comes with an efficient search tool
- Lets you know how much disk space you saved by removing the selected files
- It might take a while to reveal the lists showing the installed tools, extensions, and leftover files
- Unable to completely remove any tools while using the trial version of the utility