Amadeus II 3.8
Amadeus II is a very powerful sound editor for Macintosh. It runs on MacOS 9.2 and up, as well as natively on MacOS X. The most recent version of Amadeus II is 3.8.7. Besides all the functions you would expect from a high-quality sound editor, Amadeus II has four main features that distinguish it from other similar products.
* Support of the Mp3 and Ogg Vorbis codecs that allow you to achieve very low file sizes, while preserving most of the original quality of your sounds.
* Support for the Mp4 and .m4a formats (MacOS 10.4 or later required).
* Support of VST Audio plugins. This plugin format allows you access to many professional sound effects from within Amadeus II. Several free plugins are included with this distribution. The effects of VST plugins can be previewed in real-time and an arbitrary number of settings can be saved for each plugin.
* Sound repairing functions. Amadeus II allows you to easily remove background noise and/or little cracks from a recording, making it the ideal tool for restoring old LP's.
* Analyzing functions. It is very easy to create sonograms or to make a detailed spectral analysis of a signal using Amadeus II.