Aion lets you keep track of current time in chosen time zones. The application consists of a NSStatusItem -- it's visible in the menu bar next to "menu extras" you may have installed in your system. Aion is not a menu extra though.
- User can reorder installed time zones in the preferences window
- Each time zone can be renamed to fit your needs
- Aion can show precise date or short date
- 12 h support
- User can now modify the time zone's difference from GMT => AION now supports custom time zones. To have a custom time zone create a defaults one (doesn't matter which one) and click Customize button. You can change the time difference using the application's UI
Aion comes in two versions: the basic and the extended one.
- The basic version is a simple application (available via the "Download Now" link on this page) that upon startup doesn't show itself in the dock. Instead it remains in the menu bar.
- The extended version is a NSMenuExtra variation. NSMenuExtras are those icons in the right part of the menu bar that You can move around with Your mouse. When You move a NSMenuExtra out of the menu bar it "poofs" (or unload if You wish). The extended version needs a system hack to run. Read more about this in the Installing part of this file.